Wednesday, July 20, 2022

I'm back... for real this time

Hi everyone!

It's been... several years since my last post. Lots of catch up on. I guess first things first. Around the time my second child was born, 4 years ago, I started to feel super fatigued. It became really hard to do anything normal, and in time, that included reading books. This was a huge blow to me because reading, as you all know, has been more than just a past time. In many times of my life, it was a lifeline, a joy, a passion. To have that taken away with so many other things... it was devastating. Fast forward to last year, I was diagnosed with systemic Sjogrens. This is an autoimmune disease that is best known to attack your tear ducts and saliva glands but mine affects my whole body, which led to many of my sensory nerves dying and a lot of my other body functions to go insane. I was placed on the right medication finally, and a year later, I'm again able to read. Reading print books is still spotty. I can do it, but it takes a lot more effort. Audiobooks have become my lifeline so I have been blazing through hundreds of books this way while I work on rehabbing antiques. A far cry from my past life of mostly brain work, but my concentration was sapped first of everything. Honestly, I'm overjoyed to have any part of reading coming back to me. I am worlds better than I was even a year ago, and I am starting to slowly rebuild my body through intense physical therapy. I doubt I'll ever be able to read like I did before, but that doesn't mean I cannot participate. So anticipate a post once in a while from your good friend. Writing posts takes a lot of concentration so it will hardly be as often as before, but anything is better than nothing! I know I supposedly posted a couple of days ago but that was an old post. I blame the ghosts lol! I hope you are all doing well.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back again! I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. Glad you were able to get the right treatments to balance things back to something like normal. Hope all continues to go well!

    WELCOME BACK! :)

    ReplyDelete