Sunday, June 24, 2012

Liebster Blog Award



I was just nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Katie from Breath of books, thanks!:
http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/

The Rules:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Tag 11 other bloggers that have under 200 followers.
4. Tell these bloggers that you tagged them.

11 Facts about myself
1. I am a pediatrician that loves YA.
2. I have two dogs, a bichon frise named Oz, and a lhasa poo named Boots.
3. I love sour candies, particularly sour straws.
4. I am a major foodie and research menus before going to restaurants.
5. I am addicted to writing.com's Writer's Cramp contest. My favorite prompt included a cannibal's new shoes.
6. I am a huge fan of Harry Potter, and actually bought a wand (McGonagall's) at Harry Potter Wizarding World in Orlando.
7. Mosquitoes love me and preferentially bite me above anyone else.
8. I love the ocean and get very sad if I don't get to go to a beach once a year.
9. I only started reviewing books in December 2011, and then got progressively more addicted to my hobby.
10. I make a mean breakfast sandwich.
11. If I had a superpower, I would want to be able to transport myself (and loved ones) to wherever I wanted to in the blink of an eye.

Breath of Books questions:
1. What is your favorite thing about book blogging? Wow. I have a lot of favorite things, but probably my favorite thing is meeting new people with similar interests.
2. What book are your currently reading? The book I am currently reading is Partials.
3. What are five books you want to read this summer? Everneath, Petroplague, Player One, The Pledge, The Selection
4. How long have you been blogging? Since last week.
5. Do you participate in any memes?  If so, which ones? Waiting for Wednesday
6. Who is your favorite author? Orson Scott Card and Lauren Oliver
7. Do you prefer series or stand-alone books? It depends. I love trilogies when they are done well.
8. Do you have a Goodreads account? Yes.
9. Have you gotten any ARCs since you've started blogging? I actually got ARC's before I started blogging... I did this all backwards.
10. What upcoming book are you looking forward to the most? I have a ton that I'm looking forward to, but am really looking forward to Unwholly (which will be my Waiting for Wednesday pick this coming week).
11. Do you like to write to as well, or do you only like to read? I love writing, but it's a scary process and I'm sort of making my way there.

Blogs I have tagged:
A Dutchie On Books
Errant Author
In Between Designs
Reflections of a Bookworm
http://tracyrozzlynn.blogspot.com
Books Are my Heroine
Kelsey Hearts Books
Reading Between Classes
Graveyard Books
Writer's Corner
Brimful Bookshelves

Questions for the tagged blogs:
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. What is your favorite genre within YA (dystopian, paranormal, romance, etc)?
3. Do you have any dogs? What kinds?
4. What book are you currently reading?
5. What is your current obsession?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
8. If you could have a superpower what would it be and why?
9. Who wins: Twilight vs. Hunger Games?
10. What do you like most about blogging?
11. Who is your favorite evil character?

Congrats and have fun!

Tomorrow, to start off a brand new week, I'll be hosting a giveaway for two signed copies of Hippie Boy: A Girl's Tale by Ingrid Ricks as well as posting an interview and review of the book. Stay tuned and win a copy!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you started a blog! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you more! I love Cait Hates Cake too :-) Would love if you would Follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been tagged and done my tagging. My post is up at
    www.errantauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete