Goodreads Book Description: She has a destiny so great that even the gods fear her.
Constant hallucinations and the frequent conversations with the voices in her head, have earned eighteen-year-old Chloe Clever the not-so-coveted title of "Whack Job" in her home town of Adel, Georgia. With the onslaught of prescription medications and therapists threatening to push her over the edge, she wishes for a life far away from the one she has, a life where she is destined to be more than the butt of everyone's jokes and mockery.
Be careful what you wish for has never rung more true.
After living through an attack from her worst nightmare, she awakens to find herself far from home, surrounded by glorious riches and servants…and a few demigods who enjoy killing things. Upon learning that her favorite rockstar is an Olympian god, she is thrust into her new life as the Oracle of Delphi, the prophesier of the future, and the great Pythia that the gods have been anxiously awaiting to arrive for centuries. Setting out to fulfill the prophecy she has been given and to keep her family safe from a demigod Princess that wants her dead, Chloe learns of how great she is to become, all the while fighting mythical monsters, evading divine assassins and trying to outwit the ever-cunning Greek gods who harbor secrets of their own. In the hopes of discovering the Most Beautiful and the truth of her destiny, she strives to uncover the mysteries of the demigod Prince who has sworn to protect her with his life…and threatens to win her heart in the process.
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Want to buy it?
Barnes and Noble: http://www.
barnesandnoble.com/w/prophecy- of-solstices-end-diantha- jones/1116050182?ean= 2940148440819
Author Blurb: Diantha Jones was born the day thousands of turkeys sacrificed their lives to fill millions of American bellies on November 22 which also happened to be Thanksgiving Day (Her mother says she owes her a turkey). She is a Journalism graduate who wants to be a career novelist (of books, not Facebook posts). When not writing or working, she is reading on her Nook, being hypnotized by Netflix or on a mission to procure french fries. She also writes adult fantasy/paranormal romance under the name A. Star. Friend/Fan her at www.goodreads.com/A_Star.
Character interview with Chloe, main character in Prophecy of the Most Beautiful
Chloe, welcome to Ensconced in YA! I know you are busy saving the world, but I'm so happy you made it!
We are going to do a lightning round to get to know you a little better.
1. Favorite book? Can anybody honestly answer this question? There's too many to choose from?
2. Favorite movie? The Avengers. I have a thing for heroes :)
3. Favorite song? Lover's Moon by A Divinity's Stimuli. They're my fave band.
4. Least favorite subject in school? Math. UGH. Terrible. Still aced it though.
5. Superpower that you've always wanted? Telling the future. Ha! Check.
6. Favorite TV show? Can't say I'm much of a TV person, but who can resist a Law & Order marathon?
7. Favorite ice cream flavor? Strawberry Cheesecake.
8. Boxers or briefs? Boxer briefs. Those are pretty hot.
9. Email or handwritten letters? I think Hermes Mail (celestial email) is pretty cool. But Iris delivers handwritten letters over a rainbow which is also pretty cool. Ah! I can't decide.
10. Dogs or cats? Dogs. There are already gods stalking me. Don't need a cat around doing it too.
11. Bad boys or good boys? Strafford Law. Pass your own judgement.
12. Zeus or Hades? Cupid. As far as I know, he doesn't have any sinister plans involving me...and he can kiss ;)
13. Favorite inanimate object? Lawless, my Morph. A ring that transforms into all kinds of weapons.
14. When going on a trip: are you a planner or take things as they come? I think it's pretty safe to say that I take things as they come. At this point, I don't have a choice.
15. Candy or chocolate? Chocolate!
16. Coffee or hot chocolate? Coffee. Blame my mother. I inherited the addiction.
17. Mountains or beach? Mountains. Ever seen Mount Olympus? Beautiful.
18. Hot or cold? I like both. Hot means laying out by the pool. Cold means cuddling up with Strafford. Meh. Who am I kidding? Cold all day.
19. Vampires or werewolves? Have you ever met an Empusa? Well, I have. So that's a big fat NO to the bloodsuckers. I'll go with werewolves.
20. Do you believe in soulmates? Yes. A thousand times, yes.
Thanks! Had fun!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now enter some great giveaways!
Now enter some great giveaways!
a Rafflecopter giveaway